Adult Services & Technology Librarian
This position reports to the Director and includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities.
- Display an enthusiastic, collegial and friendly attitude and talent for taking initiative.
- Perform as a flexible team player in the daily circus of public library work.
- Staff the public circulation desk and provide technical, reference and readers’ advisory services.
- Display skill in independently organizing work, setting priorities and following up on assignments.
- Possess enthusiasm for public service.
- Demonstrate pride for the library as a facility and a community institution (e.g. Tidy library spaces, develop attractive displays, and maintain a positive reputation through advocacy and community involvement.)
- Pull books for library
- Shelve and shelf-read.
- Plan and present adult (including senior) programs and coordinate adult services.
- Conduct in-house presentations and programs for a range of audiences (e.g. Lifelong Learning Lecture series twice a year, monthly book discussion, summer reading program and library orientation events.)
- Provide instructional group technology classes for patrons.
- Organize and present a monthly DIY class.
- Identify and develop community
- Present special one-time programs for
- Maintain and adult programming budget.
- Coordinate adult book club that is held once a month.
- Give technology help to patrons and staff.
- Assist with troubleshooting technology questions and problems.
- Educate and problem-solve.
- Provide technology instruction at Tech Time, assisting with tech questions for patrons of all ages.
- Maintain and update the Library website.
- Collection management for adult fiction, including purchasing, weeding and assist with some cataloging.
- Collection management for ebooks, including eaudiobooks.
- Maintain collection development budgets for adult fiction and ebooks/eaudiobooks.
- Perform senior staff duties on a regular basis including responsibility for building safety and security, responding to emergencies, and interpreting library policy and procedures for the staff and public.
- May perform duties of Library Director in her absence.
- Hold knowledge of principles and practices of budgeting and marketing.
- Works with the Library Director and implements a strategic vision and plan for collections, programming, and services.
- Compile statistics and reports as directed.
- Take continuing education classes as allowed by time and
- Keep current with adult services by reading professional
- Attend workshops and webinars offered by library
What you have to offer:
A Master’s Degree in Library Science or Information Studies from an ALA accredited program.
At least one year’s experience working as a professional librarian.
An enthusiastic, collegial and friendly attitude and talent for taking initiative.
An ability to work as part of a team as well as the sole adult services librarian.
The ability to stand, walk, bend, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Spanish language proficiency preferred.
Salary: $40,000 to $45,000 depending on experience. Benefits including retirement, medical, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Where you will be working:
The Ruby Sisson Library is a public library located in Pagosa Springs, Colorado in the Four Corners region. It is the only library in Archuleta County and comprises the Upper San Juan Library District. Pagosa Springs is a community of about 14,000 people (2,000 town population, 12,000 county population.) A former timber town, Pagosa Springs now thrives on tourism and geothermal businesses. Named after the world-famous “Great Pagosah Hot Springs,” Pagosa Springs is home to numerous outdoor attractions, including the Wolf Creek Ski Area and the Weminuche Wilderness. The community of Pagosa Springs offers many amenities to nature enthusiasts, civic and service-minded individuals, families, land/animal owners, and outdoor recreationists. The Ruby Sisson Library serves all members of the Pagosa Springs community – long-time residents, seasonal homeowners, tourists, regular visitors and more.
Email your resume and letter of interest to Meg Wempe, Library Director, email@example.com. (This position will be filled quickly, so don’t delay in submitting your information!)