The Ruby Sisson Library offers public access to the Internet to meet the information, education, cultural and recreational needs of a diverse community.
No library customer is permitted to use a library computer to view obscenity, pornography, or to display this illegal content, or for a minor to view materials harmful to juveniles. In compliance with current Colorado law C.R.S. 24-90-404(d), individuals under the age of 17 are required to use computers on which filtering software has been installed. Library customers who encounter content or behavior that violates library policy may report it to library staff.
As with other library materials, monitoring and/or restriction of a child’s access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.
Agreement to Comply with Policy
All users of the Ruby Sisson Library’s computer systems must read, understand and comply with this policy.
- All library customers must behave in a way that does not intrude upon the rights of others. Customers are not permitted to invade the privacy of other library customers or damage or disrupt library computer resources.
- All library computer equipment and software must be used as installed by the Library. Users are not permitted to add to, delete, or modify existing hardware or software.
- You may download or save to your own CD, USB flash drive, or SD card.
- Printing is available at the cost of $.15 per page for black and white or $.50 per page for color.
- Users may not use the Library’s computer systems to make unauthorized entry into any other computer or network.
- Users must respect the legal protections (including Digital Rights Management) provided by copyright license law, or otherwise-controlled data and software residing on the Internet.
The Ruby Sisson Library is not responsible for information accessed via the Internet. Not all information on the Internet is accurate, current, complete, legal or philosophically, or morally or aesthetically acceptable to all users.