English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor
Ruby M. Sisson Memorial Library
The new part-time positions of ESL instructor at the Ruby M. Sisson Memorial Library are responsible for planning, teaching and evaluating assigned classes in accordance with the designated curriculum (up to 6 hours per week, including 4 hours of class time); for maintaining student class records; for fulfilling administrative duties as required and/or requested by the Library Director; and for participating in professional development activities such as workshops and meetings.
Our ESL Instructors are specifically responsible for performing the following essential job duties:
- To teach speaking practice, vocabulary enrichment, reading/writing and language skills to students learning English as a Second Language (ESL).
- To prepare lesson plans, exercises and tests.
- To test, evaluate and counsel the student regarding his/her classroom performance.
- To maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- To coordinate instruction, attendance records and evaluation with other ESL teachers.
- To know and adhere to Ruby M. Sisson Memorial Library policy and procedures.
- To complete administrative paperwork as required or requested by the Library Director.
- To maintain performance and attendance records.
- To maintain Library ESL resource materials and files.
- To participate in administrative meetings and professional development activities.
- To participate in the employee evaluation process (i.e., classroom observations and follow-up discussions and the performance appraisal process).
- To participate in activities during class hours and, when requested, to disseminate information about after-class activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position is 5-6 hours per week, with schedule TBD. Salary commensurate with experience and knowledge. Please drop off a letter of interest and resume to the library or email firstname.lastname@example.org with these files.