- President – Nadine Carter
- Vice President – Sylvia McDaniel
- Secretary – Randi Pierce
- Treasurer – Judy Collins
- Membership Officer – Mare Perouty
Other Board Members:
- Carol Sheets (liaison between Board of Trustees and Friends Board)
ANNUAL BOOK SALE
New location! Extended hours!
The Friends of the Library have made some incredible changes to extend the hours of the book sale. This year, the sale will be held August 22nd-August 24th, and will be at the PLPOA Clubhouse. On August 22, beginning at 6 pm, there will be a short annual meeting with an ice cream social, followed at 6:30 pm by the preview book sale. Thursday evening is for Friends members only, but don’t worry — you can join at the door! On Friday, August 23rd and Saturday, August 24th, the sale will be open to all community members and visitors. Friday will run from 10 am to 4 pm and Saturday will run from 9 am to 2 pm. Special pricing will be offered after noon on Saturday only. Find a variety of books at great prices, with money going to the Friends of the Library, who assist the library in its endeavors to bring you useful resources!
If you would like to VOLUNTEER to help, the Friends could use your help:
- Thursday morning to help pick up boxes from the library and move them to the PLPOA clubhouse
- Thursday afternoon setting up tables and unpacking books to set up for the sale
- Assisting at the sale on Friday and Saturday and/or accepting payments at the door
- Clean up and putting tables away on Saturday afternoon
If you have a preferred duty and timeframe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assignments. Drop-in volunteers are welcome, too!
The Friends work to help support the library in all its activities including:
- sponsoring the annual used book sale in August.
- supporting children, teen, and young adult activities.
- supporting the summer reading program.
- providing financial support for special library purchases.
- promoting the library throughout the community.
Contributions to the Friends of the Library
An additional way to contribute to the Friends is through a charitable bequest as part of a will or through life insurance. You do not have to rewrite your current document but can add a written amendment call a codicil. Such a bequest only becomes irrevocable at your death. Giving to the library helps support the programs and service we provide to our patrons and helps secure the future.
How to reach us:
Friends of the Library
PO Box 849/ 811 San Juan Street
Pagosa Springs, CO 81147